What to Know About Best Cat Water Fountain
Cat water fountains are as essential as having an automatic cat feeder in the house for your beloved pet. It will save you time that you would have used in fetching water to fill the water bowl for your pets to quench their thirst.
You may not be at home always, your absence should not mean trouble to your pets and this product ensures that there is enough water for them even when you're not around. By using cat water fountain you will be sure that they will not misbehave and lick your utensils in the kitchen when looking for water.
Benefits of Cat Water Fountain
It may not be important for some people to buy a cat water fountain. In the real sense it is very necessary to have a water fountain for your pets just the way it is important to you.
Cats are good at noticing movement; they will easily notice moving water and quickly run to it to quench their thirst.
Water in the fountain circulates throughout the day and night leaving it fresh and safe for drinking unlike bowls stagnant water that has a high possibility of collecting bacteria after being used the whole day. For you to be sure that you're buying the right product, go for the best-rated cat water fountain.
What to Consider When Buying Cat Water Fountain
Capacity: Capacity of the water fountain should be given an upper hand when choosing which water fountain to buy. The bigger the fountain the more water it will hold and will last for a reasonable period of time before refilling.
Size if the bowl: cats don't like it when their whiskers touch the side of the bowl. A large bowl will be used by both small and big cats. A big bowl will make it possible for more than one pet to use comfortably. Below are some of the best cat water fountain reviews, they are the products that have the best customer reviews.
Best Cat Water Fountains on Amazon
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
It has a capacity of over 1 gallon of water which keeps on circulating, this keeps the water fresh and clean every time. It has a carbon filter that eliminates bad odor always, you can always replace this carbon filters. It has falling water that refreshes itself during the process of falling.
- Pets of all sizes can use it comfortably because of its big size.
- The falling water encourages the cat to drink more water which helps to keep their bodies fully hydrated.
- It has a built-in reservoir that stores more water hence reducing the rate of refilling.
- It has a rubber base which prevents possible sliding on the floor.
- It is easy to clean by disassembling it. This fountain has a pre-filter that filter all the unwanted particles before getting into the motor.
- It can only use electricity and if there is power blackout you face a risk of not having water for your pet.
- It at a time produces loud noise that may scare the pet off, it will require that the water level is always above the minimum. It is purely electrical and if it develops any mechanical breakdown, your pets may lack water.
Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
Has free-falling water that makes the cat to always want to drink more and more water, water is well aerated with oxygen during the process of circulation. It has carbon that removes odor and bad taste from water. This product has a dimension of 7.1" × 9.4" × 14 ". It has a large bowl which is very easy for cat and small dogs to use. It has 6 feet long power cable that
- It has a receiving ramp that reduces the impact of a splash hence making the pet to use it without being scared away.
- You can control the rate at which water flows so that you avoid wasting water.
- This product uses low-voltage power and has a submersible pump and it also comes with activated carbon which ensures that the entire odor is eliminated and the water maintains its freshness throughout.
- This cat water fountain has a very small capacity of only 0.4 gallons; this can only be used by small dogs and cats.
- It has a specification of being used only by small dogs and cats if you're purchasing it for your cat then you are good to go but if you have a mind of using it in dogs then it can't be of help that way.
- It is fully electrical, when the power is not there then the pets may miss the pleasure of drinking water from it.
Pioneer Pet Raindrop Stainless Steel Pet Drinking Fountain
Pioneer pet raindrop is one of the most beautiful and attractive cats' water fountain in the market. This is a water fountain that you don't need to hide when it is placed in the house it totally supplements the decor of the room. It also comes packed with a piece of replaceable charcoal filter.
- Pets are attracted to it by the continuously circulating water. The water is always well aerated by as a result of endless circulation.
- You get it easy to kick start using it and maintaining the freshness of water and also eliminating odor by the use of a charcoal filter that comes in it ready for use.
- The dishwasher that it has is a face stainless steel that is very easy to clean further more your pets can use the two available water points when sharing the fountain without disturbing each other.
- It may be challenging to use it when you have more than one pet because it has a very small capacity and therefore can't last long with water.
- Cleaning it can't be done by a layman, you need to disconnect the power, separate the parts then do the cleaning, this can be challenging is you don't have enough knowledge.
- You need to have a full connection of electricity all through for you to enjoy the comfort of using this product.
Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Uses low power voltage and have a cord of 10-foot long. The presence of polymer-carbon will make your water be always clean and purified making your pet like it. Water is always in the circulating mode when the power is turned on; this makes the water stay well aerated.
- This product has one of the multi-height drinking levels for your pet; they don't have to struggle to reach the level of water.
- It also has a high water capacity of 70 fl ounces; you don't need to hang around always to add water to it.
- Polymer-carbon filter will ensure that the water is always pure and odorless throughout.
- You don't have a reason to be worried about the electricity consumption; it really consumes low power voltage.
- You need to be around all the time it is operating so that you can unplug the power if it stops operating.
- You should try by all means to avoid transformer or electric connector from becoming wet, this means that it can't be on if you are not around to take care of it.
- If the pump runs dry it can be spoiled so you need to be alert that it doesn't run dry when the power is on.
This is one of the unique cat water fountains. Carbon water filter filters any debris or unwanted from getting into the pump and again eliminates any odor leaving the water so fresh for use. This cat water fountain will allow you to control the water flow by just adjusting it to the required amount.
- It has a stainless steel safe dishwasher that is both hygienic and safe to use.
- You can be sure that no water is wasted unnecessarily by just adjusting the control cap to get the amount of water that you require to flow.
- You just need a power supply of as low as 12V to operate this cat water fountain.
- This is one of the water fountains that you find that is almost silent because of the good quality water pump that it uses.
- Water flows from four channels that interchange, this make it possible for many cats to use it more easily and effectively without struggling.
- You may not be able to use it because it is purely electrical and doesn't come with power backup for use in case of the power blackout.
- It is very sensitive to debris and cat hair that may block the pump.
Last thoughts and Recommendation
Getting a good cat water fountain can be easy when you take your time and compare all the pros and cons of the available products. If you're planning to buy a cat water fountain then PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain is the recommended one because of numerous positive reviews from the customers who are the users of this product.