Pet Feedster is an automatic pet feeder that makes use of innovative technology to boost healthy pets and give you peace of mind to busy pet parents. This pet feedster is made to the able to run on batteries (6-D) or on AC power. When powered alone with battery, it can last between 4 to 5 months usage intervals. Without the batteries, when the power goes out, you will lose the programming; keep your pet hungry and requiring you to re-program it all over again.
Pros of Pet Feedster USA PF-10 Cat
- The food bowl is dishwasher safe. This means it is not difficult to clean up.
- The LCD screen has a very bright backlit then the button is pressed and this makes it easy to view more clearly.
- The motor that turns around to dole out the food is not very loud. It brings the food from the chute into the feeding bowl.
- The feeder helps you to feed your pet on time even when you are not around the house.
- This pet feedster USA PF can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- It is a very stable, large unit that cannot be easily tipped over.
- Hopper is not transparent and this prevents the cat from seeing the food inside.
- It comes with a large food bowl that could help two cats to feed concurrently comfortably. The greater number of its parts can be replaced.
- You’d get very good customer support with the product.
- It makes lesser noise during operation when compared to other forms of automatic feeders.
Cons of Pet Feedster USA PF-10 Cat
- The feeding bowl is plastic made and would be better if it were made of stainless bowl or ceramic. It would be great for a stainless steel replacement accessory to be included as one of features of this feeder.
- Although the sticker on the feedster says that when the power goes off the programming would be retained for short interval of time, it doesn’t always work that way.
- The programming and button structure is not very much user-friendly.
- The button labels ought to as well be much bigger and brighter to ensure that it is very easy to read. The programming however is not that hard if you follow the stipulated instruction.
- The programming is a bit complicated, it is not easy to get the adjustment of the meals sizes but this will only happen at the beginning.
- The lid is not air tight as a result of the structural design.
- It is a bit pricey.
- The instruction manual did not provide a very clear instruction on proper installation of this pet automatic feeder.